You’ve probably heard about NDN World (the virtual reality 3D experience provided by Vircadia). There’s a lot happening in-world, including exhibits, shows, and meetups.
You can access (online) the following downloads and guides:
- Mac OS software install guide (and here's a video)
- Windows 10 software install guide (and here's a video)
- Guide to moving around in-world (in virtual reality with your desktop computer)
- Other documentation and common questions are answered at docs.vircadia.dev
- Drag the Vircadia folder to the trash.
- Or right-click on the Vircadia folder, then select "Move to Trash" from the pop-up menu.
- On a trackpad, the equivalent of right-click is to use two fingers to click the trackpad while the pointer is over the Vircadia folder.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Scroll down the list of Apps.
- Click Vircadia, then click Uninstall.
Vircadia is a 3D virtual platform which requires computer processing comparable to that of video games. Here are system requirements.
Windows 10, 64-bit
MacOS High Sierra (10.13) or newer
Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit or any other modern Linux distribution
How old is your computer?
Early trials have shown, most people with a laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Mac) purchased in the last 3-4 years, can run Vircadia software smoothly. Computers older than 3-4 years may be able to run it, but movement in NDN World may not be smooth and sound may not be clear. The best way to determine if your computer can run it is to simply install and try it.
Graphics Processor recommended (but not required)
A gaming computer (Windows 10 PC) with a separate graphics processor is recommended, but not required.
Many Apple Computer models also have a separate graphics processor: MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro. If you have a MacBook Air it may work but performance could be slower.
- download speed
- upload speed